Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn’t music. ~William Stafford
1. Our time
2. Our unconditional love.
3. “tough love” at times. Children need limits and boundaries established.
4. Unstructured time to play
5. Age-appropriate jobs to learn responsibility
6. Meaningful praise
7. High expectations set for them
8. A safe environment to learn in and live in
9. Healthy food
11. An appreciation for the outdoors
12. a financial education
13. being good role models by taking care of ourselves and nurturing our marriages
14. reminding ourselves that they are kids
15. helping them to think for themselves
16. teaching them how to fish rather than always giving them the fish
17. giving them room to fall but being close by to help them back up.
Whether we are a parent, grandparent or other family member, a teacher, coach, minister, neighbor, or citizen of a community:
we all have an impact on our impressionable children.
We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher