Focusing on what we are grateful for is a great daily habit to practice. It is of course easy to do when we are in a good mood and things are going well. It is more of a challenge if we are upset or feeling grumpy. I think those are the times we need to tap into a spirit of gratitude and be reminded of all the good in our lives.
What are you feeling grateful for today?
1. A beautiful North Florida morning. The storm has passed. There seems to be sun and a gentle breeze out there now.
2. A good night sleep.
3. The love I share with my husband.
4. My son’s high school graduation last night.
5. My daughter’s restored health after a rough week-long bout with the flu
6. Our beautiful home.
7. All of the new friends who are discovering The Warm Milk Journal. Thanks for joining my list and visiting!
It’s your turn now.
Have a blessed day!
Today, I am feeling grateful for:
A peaceful evening could mean:
1. A nice meal with your family
2. Date night with your sweetie
3. curling up on the couch with a good movie or book or game of Scrabble or Apples to Apples…
4. A small gathering with friends
5. Being thankful for your loved ones and savoring them tonight
A GRATITUDE JOURNAL ENTRY FOR THIS SUNDAY MORNING
Ten things to be thankful for this morning:
1. Another day of life
2. A day off from my job
3. Time with my family and friends this weekend
4. A perfect October morning
5. A refrigerator and pantry full of food
6. My health
7. My teenage daughter wants to spend time with me
8. The sweet companionship of my husband
9. My college football teams did well yesterday
10. My beautiful home.
What are you thankful for this morning. Write it down.
Enjoy the day.
What we appreciate appreciates.
What we focus on grows
What we think about and feel thankful for NOW we will attract more of it into our lives…
What are you thankful for, right now, this morning?
Get out your journal and write a list….
When the stress of the day gets to you think about this list you wrote this morning. Smile at the thought of it.
Savor all of your blessings.
Let’s see, my entry in my gratitude journal this morning looks like this:
I Am thankful for:
1. my cup of coffee
2. My health
3. My job
4. My husband
5. My daughter being happy with her new classes and teachers this school year
6. My car that takes me to work safely and comfortably
7. The time over this Labor Day weekend I had to work on my book
8. Writing and language: I just love it!
9. All my friends
10. My parents who have always been very good to me and are still enjoying life!
Your turn, friends….
Have a blessed day!
Sitting up straight and tall
gathering energy from a recently sleeping body;
I thank God and life for giving me another day.
A new day is always a new beginning
Each time I focus I create something new.
Do I set a particular agenda for myself or
Do I just see where this day takes me?
I think I will just sit a moment and listen…
Have a blessed day, all
To be thankful for things that are easy to take for granted until you don’t have them…
Have you ever had a toothache, a bladder infection, been hung over, etc. and wish you felt better?
Have you ever had an unexpected or regular bills piling up amounting to more than what you have in your bank account?
Here’s a novel idea: how about feeling gratitude when we have our health, we are pain free, we are well rested, and we have enough money in the bank?
Let’s be thankful for what we do have NOW.
In your journal write a list of things to be thankful about now.
I am thankful for:
1. Being alive
2. My daughter being happy
3. Having enough money to send my daughter to a nice Girl Scout summer camp this July
4. My kind and loving husband
5. My students who are still learning despite it being very close to the end of our school year…
6. I don’t have a headache
7. I am centered and anxiety/worry-free at the moment…
Your turn, Dear Warm Milk Reader. What do you have going on to be thankful for? It sometimes can be the littlest of things.
Warm Loving thoughts for a cold winter evening:
Debra : )