I know I am relaxed when:
1. I am still
2. It is quiet
3. or some of my favorite music is playing…
I know I am really relaxed when:
4. It is noisy and chaotic and I am still calm, quiet, and centered inside…
Yes, it is quite peaceful when:
6. The good smell of a chicken soup is simmering on the stove.
7. My mind is truly in the now
8. I am loving and affectionate with my husband and daughter
9. I am basically happy with my current situation…
10. I feel that my life is working.
What a grand state to be in!
My biggest goal and our mission here at The Warm Milk Journal is:
To live a well balanced, rewarding life of our dreams by day and sleep restfully at night.
I really believe that in order to do this we need to be relaxed as much as possible….
What do you do to relax? If stress and anxiety is getting to us and affecting our peace of mind and sleep then we need to develop a tool box which we can pull out at anytime….
I will share a few “tools” with you that really help me stay centered and relaxed:
1. Not take anything too seriously (this seems to be getting easier for me as I am getting older). In the end, very few things truly matter. What is really important? The rest?… let it go!
2. I affirm what I want for myself. If I am not feeling well, I affirm my good health and vibrancy. If there is not a lot of money currently in my bank account, I observe, acknowledge, and give thanks for all of the abundance that manifests in my life all of the time!
3. I work on taking a mellow, gentle, and kind way when going about my business with others (including my family, friends, students, colleagues, and community members). Even if upset with someone (including my bank or other company), I think that it really is easier to attract bees with honey than with vinegar.
4. I work hard and play hard. At the end of the day, I am happy to be home to relax.
5. I love to embrace the seasons. Now, in early fall, I am so excited about lighting candles, cooking, and enjoying a nice glass of red wine…
I have many more “tools” in my toolbox that can wait for another day or post…
For now, I simply wish for you:
A good night of sleep,
and a day full of energy, purpose, and smiles tomorrow!
Thank you for all the good in my life. I know I am supported and I am loved.
I appreciate the adventures and opportunities to help others. I welcome rest when I get it.
Please help me to stay steady and centered when the responsibilities of the day begin to wear on me.
I thank you for being there.
These are three affirmations that I use to help keep me feel centered. I affirm them when I take walks, ride my bike, write in my journal, and when I first turn off the light and go to sleep at night.
I Am safe
I have enough
I Am enough!
Designed by Colleen M. Messer.