Here are twelve ways to perfectly and properly pamper yourself this Fall evening: (pay attention very closely now!)
1. Put on some nice jazz music,
2. Pour a glass of red wine, and
6. Rejoin your family to watch a movie together (a few movies that we have watched recently that I can highly recommend are: A Dog year, Limitless,
The Town, Shadows In The Sun, and Something Borrowed)
7. While you are watching the movie you can be exchanging back rubs with your spouse or partner or cuddling up close with children and pets.
8. Come to bed to freshly laundered linens (which you did earlier today in preparation for this wonderful night)
9. Make love or
10. Read something inspirational and relaxing. A few titles I am thoroughly enjoying and you will find on my bed stand are: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Power of Decision by Raymond Charles Barker, Heart Centered Marriage by Sue Patton Thoele, and Secret The Power by Rhonda Byrne
11. Finally, write a few things in your journal that you feel blessed about and thankful for.
12, Always remember that you are safe, you are loved, and that you are enough!
Here at the Warm Milk Journal we aspire to live the most fulfilling lives by day and sleep restfully at night.
I just love the Fall season and I think this season is the perfect time to work on these goals. As a kid, Fall was about new fresh beginnings: a new school year, new school supplies, new clothes, a new age (I am a September birthday).
As an adult I can appreciate so much more about this season such as:
As we fall back an hour this weekend, let’s enjoy the abundance this marvelous season has to offer us.
Debra : )
What does the word “cozy” mean, anyway?
According to the dictionary at AudioEnglish.net, cozy as a noun means: ” a padded cloth covering to keep a teapot warm”.
We are not teapots, but we humans do need warmth and comfort, especially at bedtime.
As a verb, cozy can mean: “enjoying or affording comforting warmth and shelter especially in a small place” and “having or fostering a warm or friendly and informal atmosphere”. There is also a meaning of connivance such as “cozying up to somebody…”
I think for our Warm Milk Journal purposes the comforting warmth and shelter in a small place suits the bill just perfectly.
Hopefully we are doing all we can to make the rooms we sleep in feel warm and comforting. We just painted our bedroom last weekend and what a difference! It is this wonderful kind of beige and honey color. I feel so cozy in this room now.
Here are some ideas to get in a cozy state: physically, mentally, and spiritually:
Physical State of Coziness
Mental State of Coziness
Here are some things I associate with having a cozy state of mind:
Spiritual State of Coziness
Enjoy your cozy little nest.
Debra : )