We can sleep like a baby if we:
1. let the events of the day go before bedtime,
2. don’t eat an overly heavy meal late at night,
3. keep our bedroom a peaceful sanctuary (clutter-free, pleasing to the senses, comfortable bed and temperature),
4. dress in comfy sleepwear (or perhaps nothing at all) and wear socks on our feet,
5. we remind ourselves of the good we did and that we are safe and loved. Things are just as they should be.
Sleeping like a baby requires:
1. a tired body and mind
2. a calm and centered spirit
3. a comfortable sleeping environment: quiet, dark, right temperature, comfortable bed, linens, pillows, sleepwear…
If you have these things then you are well on your way to a good night sleep.
May you sleep like a baby,
without a care in the world.
You are warm. You are light. You are love.
Lay your head down to rest.
Let your body go, ahh….
Your mind is still and at peace.
The day is done
but a new one begins soon…
So, for now, enjoy the rest.
Float and dream.
Tomorrow will come soon enough.
And when it does you will awake refreshed.
Your feet will land on the floor next your bed
as you walk in step : “thank you, thank you” for
another day of life.
How to sleep like a baby: