Why are we so hard on ourselves? We often would not treat other people the way we treat ourselves.
Do you ever:
1. over think things to death and end up not being able to make a decision or take action?
2. not go somewhere or not buy yourself some much needed new clothes because you’ve gained a few pounds?
3. Avoid mirrors or think negative thoughts as you see your reflection?
4. Worry about being or getting older?
5. Worry that you are not a good enough parent or employee?
6. put so much on your plate on a daily basis that you are stressed and burned out by the time the weekend comes around?
7. find it hard to receive gifts or compliments
8. settle for underemployment and not getting paid what you are worth?
These are just a few examples of how we are hard on ourselves. If you can relate to anything on this list you are not alone. We are a society of perfectionists, multi-taskers, achievers who are obsessed about being materially successful, young, and thin.
Phew! No wonder we are wound up so tight at times.
Today, I want you to just focus on one idea:
How can I be more easy and gentle on myself?
I am not going to offer any ideas as to how to do that right now for I want you to see what ideas or insights surface for you.
I will follow up with you later.
You can write in your journal this morning affirmations such as:
I take care of myself by__________
I Am gentle
I Am at my ease
I go through my day taking it easy
I Am enough