Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~Peter Ustinov
Sometimes everyday life challenges us and keeps us from being the most loving people we are capable of being. A goal of mine is to live my life with love being my compass. This is not always easy.
This morning’s journal writing session serves as a reminder and a way of focusing on being that loving person that is inside of us.
In your journals, write: How can I be the most loving person I am capable of being today? Then list as many things as you can think of. I love doing this exercise in the morning when I am first waking up. It sets a positive tone to my day. If at first I was leaning towards getting a grumpy start, this exercise is capable of changing my outlook, mood, and immediately around considerably! Pretty powerful stuff for something so simple.
Ready to give this a try?
As I often do, I will start with a few ideas for my own journal entry and then it will be your turn.
How can I be the most loving person I am capable of being today?
1. Greet my husband with a smile, hug, and kiss when he wakes up this morning and when I see him when I first get home later this afternoon.
2. Forgive his snoring from last night.
3. Patiently listen to my daughter describe her day when she is home from school.
4. Greet every one of my students with a smile as they enter my classroom this morning.
5. Complain about nothing.
6. Be generous with compliments with everybody I encounter today.
7. Love myself by eating healthy food, drinking plenty of water, and working out.
I will stop here and finish in my private journal.
Have a blessed day full of love.