I am enjoying a peaceful night tonight because:
1. I have let the trials and tribulations of the day go.
2. I have not let the emotional outbursts of others affect me (a certain teenaged daughter who lives under my roof comes to mind).
3. I feel acknowledged and affirmed
4. I realize that what seemed so stressful and life ending twelve hours ago is gone. Feelings and emotions, like clouds, pass.. they really do. Nothing is stationary. Whatever is bothering you will pass. If events of the day are not pleasing you, then just wait… life is a pendulum and swings back and forth (which is why I don’t get too caught up with the politics of the day).
5. I choose to forgive myself when I slip up. The worst thing we can do to ourselves is stay stuck in shame. You are human. If you do something you are not particularly proud of, welcome to the human race. I know this is a hard one for us sweet people pleasers of the world. We just have to stop punishing ourselves. Shame and self loathing is the worst form of toxin. Let it go. Forgive yourself. You are precious. We all are doing our best with what we have at any given moment.
In Peace and much love to you,