As I get closer to bedtime I think of all the love in my life.
Love comes in many forms and all of them are the stuff of sweet dreams and a rich life.
As you drift off to sleep tonight think of all the love you have in your life.
You are love.
You are loved.
Sweetness and light,
love is always there
In terms of bright and
we can always choose to center ourselves
Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame. ~Henry David Thoreau
Here are twelve ways to perfectly and properly pamper yourself this Fall evening: (pay attention very closely now!)
1. Put on some nice jazz music,
2. Pour a glass of red wine, and
6. Rejoin your family to watch a movie together (a few movies that we have watched recently that I can highly recommend are: A Dog year, Limitless,
The Town, Shadows In The Sun, and Something Borrowed)
7. While you are watching the movie you can be exchanging back rubs with your spouse or partner or cuddling up close with children and pets.
8. Come to bed to freshly laundered linens (which you did earlier today in preparation for this wonderful night)
9. Make love or
10. Read something inspirational and relaxing. A few titles I am thoroughly enjoying and you will find on my bed stand are: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Power of Decision by Raymond Charles Barker, Heart Centered Marriage by Sue Patton Thoele, and Secret The Power by Rhonda Byrne
11. Finally, write a few things in your journal that you feel blessed about and thankful for.
12, Always remember that you are safe, you are loved, and that you are enough!
Please guide me on this day for there are challenges in my life and our world right now.
Please help me:
To always choose love over anything else. May I practice forgiveness and acceptance rather than fall into resentment and judgment.
May all our children out there be well fed and cared for.
May we all do our best to help each other to bring out the best we have to offer. In that way, the smallest boat will rise with the
We all share these things in common:
1. The desire to express ourselves
2. The need to be accepted for who we are.
3. The need to “cut loose” and not worry about things for a while.
4. We all are doing our best
5. None of us are perfect (and thank goodness, right?)
6. We all have lot’s to offer this world
7. We all want to be loved
8. The desire for good health and a good night sleep
9. We all have our fears and our masks that we wear
10. We all have an opportunity each day to start anew
Have a blessed day, everybody!
Loyalty, the Mew Way means:
1. Always being there
2. Loving unconditionally
5. Not running away
6. Purring with delight just because you are near
7. Gazing adoringly
9. Knowing who fills your food and water bowls, and
10.Knowing without a doubt who loves you more than anything in the world!
To have a nice life, the Mew Way, all you need are these twenty things:
1. Not stressing about much
2. being in the Now
3. Taking frequent naps
4. Being pampered
5. Loving and being loved
6. A full food and water dish, always.
7. Special treats offered regularly such as salmon and shrimp
8. Warm Laps
9. Plenty of cold water
10. A nice view to gaze out of every window of the house
11. Kind cooing sounds from loved ones
12. being touched and petted
13. Being scratched
14. Cool bathroom floor tiles during heat of a summer day
15. Having much to purr about
16. Giving “the look” to loved one and immediately getting fussed over or fed.
17. Nice papers to lay on when mommy or daddy is working.
19. A sleeping mommy or daddy to wake up early in the morning
20. the sound of the can opener
Sunlight is within me at all times.
Your goodness and love is ever flowing
and I am thankful for this basic universal truth:
I Am love and
and everything around me
Loving energy is everywhere
It is never not there.
The goal of this exercise is to tap into the loving energy you already have towards people you feel close to and transfer that love to strangers or even people you may dislike (initially).
There are three simple steps involved:
1. Close your eyes and think of a close friend or loved one and all of the qualities you like or love about them. This can be a journal writing exercise as well. In your journal, list the good qualities you admire in this person. Imagine each of these qualities stemming from one pure loving source (much like tributaries of a river stemming from one mountain lake).
2. Do the same exercise but with a less close friend. Then, dwell on how you feel about each friend. Although you know one person better than the other, contemplate the idea that the feelings are the same at a spiritual level. Each friendship is special.
3. Now do this exercise with people you do not know well or may even dislike. These people, too, are fed by the same spirit of that mountain lake. Consider positive qualities in them. Feel your heart softening and feeling more warmth towards them.
Breathe. Smile. You are love.
Source: I was inspired by Discover Inner Peace by Mike George, P. 135
will anything stick?
People who love me,
projects that engage my heart and creativity,
and the small things that make life truly worthwhile
will always stick.
What sticks with you and what or who do you stick with? Why?
Some questions to explore in your journal writing tonight.
Photo credit: photos.com