Your eyes are like street lamps to me. They tell me I am home, this is where I live, I am safe here, I have made it. There is someone waiting here to talk to me and hold me…I want to know everything, and I am rushing now across the grass, to throw open the door, to say “I’m home”, to see your eyes, to know that this is the right address, the right address at last, thank God.
~ Marianne Williamson, Enchanted Love
If there is anything in this world that gives me peace and lessens my anxiety is knowing that I am loved and I have a peaceful loving home to live in.
What does home mean to you?
To me, home means:
- Being surrounded by people and pets that love you and accept you unconditionally.
- a refuge from the outside the world.
- Good smelling things: food cooking in the kitchen, bubble baths, potpourri, flowers and herbs in the garden, fresh clean linens on the bed, candles, loved ones.
- furniture that pleases me.
- clothes hanging in my closet that delight me.
- views outside the windows that connect me beautifully to the natural world.
- Colors, art work, and plants that are soothing and beautiful.
- A place to play
- A place to laugh
- A place to cry
- A place to dance
- A place to be silly
- A place where I can take my contacts out, wear my glasses and sweats, and still feel beautiful
- A place to be held when everything gets to be too much at times.
That is home.
What does home mean to you? Get out your journals and jot a few ideas down.
Have a blessed evening,
Debra : )