Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame
Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart
It is the eighth night of Hannukah tonight. “Hannukah” or “Channukah” literally means to dedicate. In terms of this Jewish holiday the word refers to the re dedication of the holy Jerusalem temple at the time of the Maccabean revolt during the second century BCE.
Whether you come from the Jewish tradition or not, we can all benefit from focusing on what we are dedicated to. If we truly focus and dedicate ourselves on what really matters and is important to us, then we will be blessed with much light in our lives.
Two questions for your journal writing to ask this December evening, the eighth night of Hannukah:
1. What brings light into your life?
2. What are you willing or wish to dedicate yourself and your life to?
I can not wait to begin my entries..
What brings light into my life?
1. My family
2. My marriage
3. My job: working with children and helping to instill the love of reading, writing, and learning…
4. The natural beauty of my home state of Florida, the sunshine state!
5. Friends who hang in there with me..
6. Supportive colleagues
7. My yoga class and gym
8. Beautiful music
9. Meals cooked with love
10. My cat
11. My garden
What do I wish to dedicate (or rededicate) my life to?
1. My marriage
2. My children
3. My students
4. My health
5. My spiritual growth
6. The Warm Milk Journal and supporting people from all around the globe to live a well balanced life by day (free of anxiety) and sleeping restfully at night (free of anxiety)
Your turn, Dear Friends!
Here’s to a light-filled, radiant life filled with dedicated purpose.
Much love to you and as always…