Here are twelve ways to perfectly and properly pamper yourself this Fall evening: (pay attention very closely now!)
1. Put on some nice jazz music,
2. Pour a glass of red wine, and
6. Rejoin your family to watch a movie together (a few movies that we have watched recently that I can highly recommend are: A Dog year, Limitless,
The Town, Shadows In The Sun, and Something Borrowed)
7. While you are watching the movie you can be exchanging back rubs with your spouse or partner or cuddling up close with children and pets.
8. Come to bed to freshly laundered linens (which you did earlier today in preparation for this wonderful night)
9. Make love or
10. Read something inspirational and relaxing. A few titles I am thoroughly enjoying and you will find on my bed stand are: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Power of Decision by Raymond Charles Barker, Heart Centered Marriage by Sue Patton Thoele, and Secret The Power by Rhonda Byrne
11. Finally, write a few things in your journal that you feel blessed about and thankful for.
12, Always remember that you are safe, you are loved, and that you are enough!
Research says that good smells promote good sleep. We want to do what we can to keep our bedroom and linens fresh and clean. I like to end my day with a hot bath and then lather my body as I am drying off with a high quality body lotion that has a nice relaxing scent.
I have tried many lotions and here are two I really like:
1. Bath and body Works AROMATHERAPY SLEEP Body Lotion Warm Milk & Honey
This wonderful lotion has cinnamon and clove essential oils in it and it is a wonderfully warm and cozy fragrance. There is also a pillow spray with the same fragrance. If you drift off to sleep surrounded by this smell you will sleep deeply, guaranteed!
Please note that I visited Bath and Body Works website and could not find the Warm Milk & Honey formula. There were other Aromatherapy formulas available and I am sure worth a try. It could be Warm Milk & Honey has been discontinued. I did, however, find this product on Amazon.com
2. Another lotion I highly recommend for right before bed is Kiss My Face lavender shea. The soft lavender scent is so relaxing. This high quality “ultra Moisturizer” will leave your skin silky smooth too. Simply wonderful
Ten things that cause us to lose sleep:
4. Snoring parnter
5. Active mind
6. Active bladder
7. Active pets
8. Young children and babies
9. Uncomfortable mattress
10. Too much light or noise
Ten things you can do to get better sleep:
2. Write in your journal.
3. Read something positive and spiritual before turning off the light.
4. Take a hot bath.
5. Don’t drink too much before bed.
6. Gently encourage partner to seek help with his/her snoring
7. Exercise during the day. Take a walk after dinner.
8. Focus on the good that ocurred during your day and what you have to look forward to in the morning.
9. Wear socks.
10. Invest in high quality linenes, pillows, and pajamas that you feel positively dreamy in.
Do these things to get you on the path to a good nignt sleep:
1. Do things that have meaning for you during the day.
3. Read things that spiritually uplift you and nourish your spirit.
4. hang out with kind, supportive, and loving people.
5. Refrain from criticism and judgment as much as you can.
6. Limit caffeine later in the day.
7. Don’t worry about your sleep or having insomnia.
8. Focus on your blessings and the peace you enjoy right now.
9. Think of God or whatever has meaning for you spiritually as you turn in at night.
10. Have a comfortable sleep space. Consider your bedroom as a personal sanctuary.
11. Any worrisome thoughts get out on paper in your journal and then release them.
12. Take a hot bath before bed.
13. Don’t drink too much liquid in the evening.
14. Wear socks.
15. Go to bed with a thankful heart.
There are days when you just feel cranky. Perhaps you did not get enough sleep. Maybe you feel overworked or overwhelmed. Your spouse said something to irritate you. Who knows? There are many reasons why we get grumpy. So you are cranky, now what?
10 Choices for you:
To a happier state soon,
Debra : )
Ten essentials to getting a good night sleep:
Sweet Dreams My Friends..Zzzzz…
Please check out my new OpenSky Store where you will find quality products that I know you will be interested in.
When you are ready to sleep tonight, instead of counting sheep, do this:
Debra : )
Taking a hot bath is a great way to relax and pamper ourselves. Candle light, a glass of wine, good smelling bubbles and soap….Mmmmm… nice.
What about music to enhance the bathing experience?
Our local newspaper yesterday had an article posting the “Top 5 Song To Take A Hot Bath To”.
I thought this would be a fun list to share with you. The song ideas come from Devin Balara (wjct.org/radio) who hosts a locally produced radio show (here in Jacksonville, Florida), “Indie Endeavor”.
Here are the songs:
Feel free to comment with any music ideas of your own to share….
Source: The Times-Union Heather Lovejoy September 24, 2010