I invite you to think about your significant other… focus on how blessed you are that they are in your life.
Then just write what you appreciate about them.
What we appreciate, appreciates!
What we focus on grows!
Who does not want more love in their lives, right? What is more important when it comes right down to it, hmmm…?
Okay, so my journal entry may look like this. I will begin, then you do your own. Deal?
What I love about my husband is:
1. his optimism
2. his kindness
3. his rugged good looks
4. his smile
5. his flexibility
6. his ability to put up with silly me!
I will continue in my private journal so that you may begin your own entry…
*note: if you are not married or in a relationship right now, you can write about the qualities that you appreciate about your ideal partner (in present tense with feeling as if they are in your life now).
Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~ Kahlil Gibran
A rainy evening invites jazz music, red wine, and contemplation…
As the rain falls down, I feel happy about my hard-working day and thankful of the fatigue (from this day) that has lifted,
the relaxing evening with my family that is beginning,
the chicken that is baking in the oven,
the sweet cat that is always at my side,
I am also thankful for my teenaged daughter who is working so hard at school and plotting her future…
My husband who is always close by with his support and love (but gives me my space to write and dream…)
In this moment,
I am thankful to have my health and many exciting things that are opening up to me in the business world…
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” ~ William A. Ward
whether it is raining or not where you live… what are you thankful right now? What will be in your bedtime prayers and journal entries tonight?
I think sharing with supportive people is a powerful thing so please feel free to comment in here…
I am thankful for…
Cheers and much love to all of you!
Doing these five things regularly almost guarantees that I will sleep well at night (and it will work for you too):
1. Remember to stop and pause from all the activity of the day. Going outside. Breathing, even for just a minute does wonders.
2. Going to bed happy and in harmony with my husband.
3. Not allowing myself to get caught up in indecision. It is okay to weigh a few options when needing to make an important decision but ultimately I find it is better to just do something rather than stew. Then when I take action, do not second guess myself.
4. Do my best not to complain (even when I feel like it).
5. Start my day and end my day writing down in my journal a few things I feel thankful for NOW.
Have a blessed day and restful night tonight!
What we appreciate appreciates
I Am thankful for:
1. The good food that we have eaten today.
2. The important job(s) that I am entrusted with (being a classroom teacher, mom, and wife).
3. Great music
4. The Macy Day’s Thanksgiving parade that I enjoyed so much while drinking my coffee this morning.
5. Good wine
6. The walk I enjoyed earlier with my husband to the beach and nearby park that we got married in…
7. The fact that my daughter who was on the highway with her dad (on the way to Atlanta) is safe and well despite getting in a car wreck on the highway (thank you God)!
What are you thankful for right now? Write it in your journals. Tell it to your loved ones. Thank God for your blessings tonight in your prayers.
Happy Thanksgiving, all!
This Thanksgiving morning I feel blessed and thankful for so many things, including:
1. This cup of warm delicious coffee I am enjoying as I write this.
2. The sunlight and shadows of the trees outside my bedroom window.
3. My sweet husband still sleeping close by.
4. This time away to enjoy the holiday in the mountains.
5. My health
6. My family and friends
7. This wonderful creative and spiritual outlet I have here on The Warm Milk Journal where I can write, create, share, connect with, and help others.
I could truly go on but I will finish this list in my private journal instead.
This Thanksgiving what are you thankful for?
An attitude of gratitude is a great habit to get into.
What we are thankful for and focus on grows!
What we appreciate appreciates!
Thank you for visiting!
Much love always,
I am thankful for many things, including:
1. the fact that this is Friday
2. I am getting away with my hubby for a much needed holiday
3. All the wonder of the Fall season is here- I just love this time of year!
4. My health
5. This new day and all its possibilities
What is on your gratitude list today?
Have a blessed day!
What we appreciate appreciates.
What we focus on grows
What we think about and feel thankful for NOW we will attract more of it into our lives…
What are you thankful for, right now, this morning?
Get out your journal and write a list….
When the stress of the day gets to you think about this list you wrote this morning. Smile at the thought of it.
Savor all of your blessings.
Let’s see, my entry in my gratitude journal this morning looks like this:
I Am thankful for:
1. my cup of coffee
2. My health
3. My job
4. My husband
5. My daughter being happy with her new classes and teachers this school year
6. My car that takes me to work safely and comfortably
7. The time over this Labor Day weekend I had to work on my book
8. Writing and language: I just love it!
9. All my friends
10. My parents who have always been very good to me and are still enjoying life!
Your turn, friends….
Have a blessed day!
One powerful exercise we can do in our journal writing is cultivate a sense of gratitude for everything we have presently in our lives. We do this by writing down what we are thankful for NOW.
Next, what we focus on grows. Therefore, what do you truly want for your life? What are your dreams? We so often get caught up in the busy-ness of daily life that we can lose sight of our dreams. Before we know it, years have passed by and we are not living the lives that we really want for ourselves.
This morning’s exercise has two parts and it is simple.
1. Write down what you are thankful for this morning. Really feel that sense of gratitude well up within you. Feelings are important. If you can get into that feel-good appreciative state- you will be blessed with more good things in your life.
2. Write down a list of your dreams. What do you really want for your life? Imagine..feel… then develop a feeling of gratitude for these things now as if they have manifested already. You have to believe that your dreams can come true!
I will model just a few notes for you. My journal entry this morning would look like this:
I am very thankful right now for:
1. My sweet husband who is sleeping peacefully as I write this.
2. My health.
3. The fact that there are only a few days left of this school year.
4. The Warm Milk Journal is growing and flourishing.
5. My beautiful home here in North Florida.
My dreams are:
1. To prosper as a full time writer
2. To be free and have the money to travel and take adventures with my husband as often as we want.
3. To live closer to the ocean.
4. To have a home with more room to garden, a nice deck or balcony, and a large shop/garage in the back for my husband to enjoy his woodworking hobby.
5. For my teenage son to get on a healthy and productive path and begin his life as a responsible, happy young man.
Have a blessed day,
1. Write down 100 things you want to do.
2. Write down 100 things you want to have.
3. Write down 100 things you want to be.
4. Write down what your life would be like if failure was not possible.
5. Write down your proudest achievement. How did that feel?
6. If you had just one year to live, what would you do? Who would you do it with? Write it down.
7.Get on the floor and stretch like a cat.
8. Try to remember and list all of your teachers starting from Kindergarten.
10.Write down as many things as you can that you are thankful for.