Tonight let’s write a very special list in our journals. Let’s come up with a list of people or organizations we would like to thank.
What we focus on grows.
What we appreciate, appreciates.
Why not put some important love and attention on the people we would like to thank (but so often don’t take the time out of our ever busy lives to do)?
Tonight we will write our list. This will be our gratitude “blue print”. Then in the next few days we can actually pick up the phone, email, write letters, Facebook message, or in person (imagine!) express our sentiments of gratitude.
My entry may begin like this:
It is my intention to thank:
1. My husband who is so sweet and loves me despite all my silliness..
2. My parents: they gave me life, raised me. and are still there. I so appreciate them.
3. A certain French professor in college who encouraged me to travel abroad…
4. Another professor who so inspired me as I was seeking my teaching certificate. I loved her. She often would say: “our brains can only focus well on one thing at a time”!
5. My principal
6. My brother (who got me down here to Florida from Seattle six years ago). He is my brother and my friend.
I can keep going but I will finish in my personal journal.
Your turn. Dear Friends…
Who do you want to and need to thank?