Time for a little quiet reflection. Tea. Meditation. Journal writing.
First, sit up straight and either close your eyes or gaze out at something pleasing outside your window or an object in your room.
Breathe. Just sit and allow any thoughts to just pass on by. Be neutral. Thoughts are just thoughts. Not good or bad. Enjoy the silence and giving your mind and body a break from your day. If you are at work you can easily do this for a few minutes at your desk or take a walk outside and sit on a nearby bench.
Now, with your journal, answer these questions:
- What do you enjoy doing more than anything in the world? Write a list of activities. Can you do more of these things? Is there any way to do some of these things for a living?
- What do you feel you are naturally good at? What are your strengths?
- If you were given $1000 right now to give to charity, who would you give it to? Would you give the whole amount to one organization or break it up and give to different causes?
- Write down five things you are thankful for right now.
- What kind of wild adventure would you like to go on in the near future? Describe it. Where would you like to go? With whom? What would you do? When are you going to do it?