When we make time for ourselves, lot’s of good things happen such as:
1. Renewed energy to give to our families and jobs.
2. Greater health
3. Feeling centered and balanced.
4. Creative juices start flowing
5. Feeling more connected to God or the Divine
6. Realizing your worth
7. Seeing the beauty all around you
8. Getting in touch with all of the many blessings in your life.
Yes, taking time for yourself is definitely worth it. How to pull it off? Like Nike, says: Just Do It!
1. Take that hot bath before you cook dinner for the family!
2. Establish your personal boundaries and be firm about them. For example, don’t allow colleagues, family members, neighbors, your kids, etc. take more of you than you can healthfully give. Say no to emotional vampires! If you don’t give in to them, they can’t suck the life blood out of you.
I really do believe we train others how to treat us. This is an issue worth working on!
3. Take an occasional mental day off from work. Why wait to be sick to take a sick day?
4. If there is a class you’ve always wanted to try, why not sign up for it? (Something comes in mind for me: dance fitness. I have been wanting to do this for years. It is time to do it!)
5. Sit outside with a book, magazine, or journal. There is just something about being part of nature. A few minutes out on my little back patio does wonders for me. I gaze up into the tall pine trees over our home, listen to the birds, enjoy the neighbors’ blooming azaleas, feel the breeze…ahhh..bliss!