We all work hard. We owe it to ourselves to let loose a bit and pamper ourselves.
I truly believe that if we indulge ourselves regularly on things we enjoy we will be more productive workers, more attentive parents, more giving citizens, and more creative artists,writers, and entrepreneurs.
All of God’s children like their creature comforts and we like our guilty pleasures too… what do I mean by guilty pleasures?
You know… the things you really enjoy that perhaps you don’t want to confess to… but you really enjoy them and they are truly the icing on the cake of life…
Just for the fun of it, I thought it would be fun to share a few guilty pleasures that we enjoy. I can’t help but think that if we permit ourselves these pleasures, we are enjoying life more and sleeping better at night as a result.
As I frequently do, I will share a bit. Please feel free to comment and add your list here as well!
Let’s see…a few of my current guilty pleasures are:
1. high quality milk chocolate
2. high cotton thread sheets
3. really plush pillows
4. sitting outside on my back patio or nearby beach…
5. my afternoon Starbucks Venti Cappucinno (with an extra shot of espresso)…
6. playing Words with Friends late at night
7. a glass of wine in the early evening
8. petting and cuddling my cat, Mew, who is the softest most luxurious creature
9. going on adventures with my husband (even if it is discovering new things here in our hometown of Jacksonville, Florida).
10. the hot tub at my new LA Fitness club…
Your turn! Have fun… and sweet dreams tonight!
P.S. Don’t forget to write in and share a few of your guilty pleasures…!
What positively, absolutely delights you? Get out your journal and make a list. Don’t think too hard on it. Just write.
Ready, set, go!…
I could just keep going on and on. This is just so much fun, isn’t it?
Debra ; )
What is your joy?
What puts a smile on your face? A spring in your step? What makes the time fly for you?
Life is just too short to not let more joy come into our lives. When we are joyful, our joy does spread to others…
Debra : )