Doubting ourselves can cause great anxiety and loss of sleep.
What causes us to doubt ourselves?
Here are a few:
1. Having too much to do
2. Having too many demands put on us.
3. Negative self talk
4. Surrounding ourselves with negative or unsupportive people.
5. Not focusing on our strengths
During this busy time of year we can give ourselves a break from self-doubt. All we need to do is develop self doubt armor.
To shield ourselves from self doubt:
1. breathe frequently
2. Do not over commit ourselves
3. Focus on one important task at a time
4. If we don’t get everything done, it is okay.
5. Be conscious of our posture. Sit and stand up straight and tall.
6. Get plenty of exercise
7. Spend time outdoors
8. If someone else questions or criticizes you, DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY!
9. Know you are doing your best
12. Be easy and gentle with yourself
13. Laugh and play often
Have a blessed day,
Take no prisoner attitude-
You are enough. Believe it. Own it.
I truly believe that believing in ourselves and loving ourselves is the best cure and medicine for anxiety.
Tonight, I invite you during your meditation and journal writing time to focus on your strengths and your power.
Close your eyes and get silent. Breathe. It is a full moon time so harness that energy. Think of the moon light shining on you. Breathe.
Be in that special space for as long as you wish. Don’t think. Empty your cup and bask in that wondrous moonlight.
When you are ready to, open your eyes.
Here are a few journal prompts for your journal writing…
1. What are your strengths?
2. What makes you feel strong?
3. When people compliment you what do they compliment you about?
4. What thoughts put spring in your step?
5. Are there any times when you feel like you are giving your power away? (to circumstance or other people for instance)?
A blessed evening to you,