A peaceful evening could mean:
1. A nice meal with your family
2. Date night with your sweetie
3. curling up on the couch with a good movie or book or game of Scrabble or Apples to Apples…
4. A small gathering with friends
5. Being thankful for your loved ones and savoring them tonight
Warmth and Chilling (as in kicking back)…
Silence and Sounds of dinner cooking, kids doing homework, or music…
Television or a movie…
Good books and
soft light coming in as the sun comes down.
Loving arms to embrace and melt into.
The evening comes upon me and I welcome it
as a baby enthusiastically suckles her source of nourishment.
All is well.
How to treat your loved ones, the Mew Way:
1. Be gentle
2. Be kind
3. Show appreciation often and especially for the little things such as a good meal and a clean litter box.
4. Look at them all lovey dovey and softly.
5. Greet them immediately upon their arrival home. Express how happy you are to see them!
6. Be affectionate.
7. Less criticism, more purring please.
8. When they are under the weather or feeling sad, snuggle up with them.
9. When they are working be a caring and supportive assistant to them by: sitting on lap or on desk near computer, lying on important paperwork that should be attended to, perching on the kitchen floor near spice cabinet to ensure a properly flavored meal, and guard the door when garbage is being taken out or when groceries are being brought in.
10. Squawk when necessary but then get over it quickly.
Thank you, Mew
A peaceful home is so key to living a high quality life. Ideally, home is an oasis for us: a refuge from the stresses of the outside world. If you don’t look forward to coming home because your family life is stressful, that is something to really work on changing for the better. Here are a few ideas for the day.
15 ways To promote peace with family members and create harmony in your home: