A message you will hear frequently on posts here at The Warm Milk Journal is that how we live our days really affects how we sleep at night. Our home and family life is a very important component to a well lived life. If we are not experiencing peace in our homes with our loved ones chances are we may be having unrest at night. Here are ten ways to promote blessed peace in our homes.
- Be sure every member of the household is respected.
- Household chores are clearly assigned to each member (adults and kids) so everybody is helping to run the household smoothly.
- Keep house clean and orderly.
- Keep house smelling good: citrus, something yummy cooking in the kitchen, etc.
- Share meals together.
- Turn the tv off once in a while.
- Promote reading in your household.
- Promote conversation.
- Have fun together.
- Make sure every member has a space of his or her own to get needed solitude from time to time.