So it’s the end of they day and there is not much getting in the way
of my welcoming in the evening.
There are so many things I appreciate about this time of day.
Right now, at 7:19 PM, I appreciate:
1. Being home
2. the good work out I had a little while ago at the gym
3. the quiet I am enjoying before I start cooking (tonight it will be a healthy tofu stir fry)
4. the glass of pinot noir I am sipping as I write this.
5. My husband, daughter, and sweet cat who are close by (but leaving me alone so I can write)
6. The comfortable couch I am sitting on
7. My plush green blanket that is on my lap (it is actually a cool night here in North Florida)
8. The view that I have of my eccentric neighbor’s Christmas tree fully lit outside my back patio window across the pond…(why not Christmas in March, right? I laugh and feel full of love when I see those lights come on at night. This neighbor, by the way, will take the tree down in august sometime… ha!lol)
9. The peace that I feel inside knowing I had a good day.
10. My laptop computer here which faithfully works for me…
What comforts are you thankful for this evening? (feel free to comment and share with us…!)
Much love and peace to all of you. Have a lovely night! It is time I get going with my stir fry…
Twilight drops her curtain down, and pins it with a star. ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery
you are here once more.
Thank you for your arrival.
In times of stress, you comfort me with your dark and silence.
In times of celebration you delight me with your lights and time with loved ones.
Evening, thank you for being there. Without you I would not have this space of rest from my hectic work life and I
would not have this time to recharge.
When day is done, and clouds are low, And flowers are honey-dew, And Hesper’s lamp begins to glow Along the western blue; And homeward wing the turtle-doves, Then comes the hour the poet loves. ~ George Croly
What will you do with this gift? This evening?
A blessed night to all,
Heavy are my eyelids
Fatigued is my body
I am tired but in a good way.
I worked hard and gave the day
Now the evening has come
to sweep and nestle me away from
the travails of the day
and cocoon me into
where dreams float in and
cares sail out-
and body and mind recharge
When the morning comes, I
know I will awaken
with fresh eyes and
a rested body-
Ready to give the world my best
Simple pleasures are so sweet.
In a busy world by day
it is nice to come home to a space of peace, love,
The fatigue of the day is washed away and released away
Now is the time for simple pleasures of good food and family
and evening strolls in the Spring air.
Soft faces that are accepting of the relief that this blessed evening brings.
Soft light, gentle energy.
Glowing inside and out.
Thank you for the day and
Thank you for the evening which is beginning and invites me
to relax into its mellow
and caressing spirit.
Dark. Soft Light. Red Wine. Loving friends and family. Good food.
To be enveloped in your peace, dear dark hours
of the day-
is a gift.
Thank you for your arrival.
I welcome and cherish your presence in my life.
Your timing is perfect.
It always is.
If you ever question yourself, know you are enough!
If you had a tiring day, kick back tonight and enjoy the evening.
If you accomplished a task or goal, celebrate your success!
Smile and think of the wonderful life that you have.
You are blessed. You are a blessing as well.
Debra : )