Our lifestyles may be affecting our sleep tonight.
Things to ask ourselves:
- How much caffeine are we consuming? What time of day?
- How much alcohol are we drinking?
- How much water or liquid are we drinking close to bedtime?
- How much anger are we holding in?
- What or who haven’t we forgiven?
- Our we so much on the go that it is hard to unwind at night?
- How plugged in are we? Are we still checking emails, surfing the internet, late into the night?
- How much exercise are we getting? What time of day?
- Do we nap during the day? How much?
Asking ourselves questions is a good practice. It can bring awareness to an area in our lives that is not serving us well.
Start with questions. Write some things that come to mind in your journal. One change in our daily lifestyle could really make a difference to our sleep at night. For instance, cutting back on our afternoon coffee or napping less.
Some things to consider.