Here at The Warm Milk Journal we are all about living a well balanced life by day and sleeping restfully at night. It is difficult to do that when one has anxiety.
Anxiety, in all it’s many forms and on varying levels is quite capable of:
1. robbing you of a good night sleep,
2. making you question yourself,
3. preventing you from going for career opportunities because you are afraid ,
4. messing with your relationships, and
5. wreaking havoc on your health because an anxious mind takes its toll on the body’s physical health as well.
Anxiety is not just a topic I am interested in for research so that I can run this website. I have been challenged with anxiety most of my life.
If I had my way, nobody would lose a wink of sleep over:
1. worrying about what others think of them
2. trying to please everybody
3. worrying about not being good enough…
No, instead the picture I wish to see and experience is one of:
1. People drifting off to sleep with the thoughts: “I Am enough”, “I Am safe”, and “I Am loved”.
2. People accepting the imperfections in themselves and others.
3. People happy and content with how the day went and the general direction their lives are heading toward.
4. People waking up well rested with a sense of purpose and ready to get started!
I could keep going but I will stop here for now. It is just good to once in a while be reminded of the “why” behind the things we do. Being challenged with anxiety and wanting to help others with it is a giant “why” of why I am here at The Warm Milk Journal doing this.
Whatever brought you here, I am glad you are here. Like the simple comfort and nourishment that milk gives a new baby, I hope your visit here will give you a sense of comfort and love. You are not alone. Feel free to comment here anytime or engage with a wonderful community on Twitter and Facebook
Designed by Colleen M. Messer.