Blessed tranquility. When I am stressed and perceive life as being challenging it gets difficult to be serene, peaceful, and tranquil.
When I am in a more peaceful state, I see things more optimistically. There is no question that I am feeling better about myself and my life when I am calm. How to get there?
Today is Sunday, the day for rest. Here are five ideas for taming the tension in your life and moving towards greater tranquility.
- Take proper care of yourself. it is harder to deal with the stress of life if we are not eating, exercising, or sleeping well.
- Be kind (to self and others)
- Practice forgiveness often and learn how to let things go.
- Get centered by nurturing your spiritual life through: reading, meditation, walking, yoga, journal writing, etc.
- Fight well when you are in conflict or having a disagreement with another person. Listen. Perhaps just choose to agree. Is it more important to be right or have peace in your life?