My cat Mew never feels sleep deprived. However does he do it? Here are Mew’s ten tips to
GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP: THE MEW WAY
1. Find a comfy cozy place to sleep: beds, laundry baskets, by a sunny window, boxes, towel cabinet, and bathroom tile floor are all good options.
2. Stretch well before going to sleep.
3. Never skip a meal.
4. Don’t ever watch the clock. Sleep when you feel sleepy.
5. Wake up only when you feel like it (or when you hear the sound of the can opener).
6. Snuggle and sleep next to a loved one.
7. Experiment with different sleep positions.
8. Make napping a priority.
9. Don’t let life stress you out.
10. Be mellow most of the time.
That’s it. Thanks Mew!
I have the sweetest cat in the world. I really do. He is a very calm, gentle, loving cat. He accepts everybody. He loves people, kids, other cats, and even dogs. He will let anybody pet him. He is never going to make a very good “watch” or “guard” cat (that’s what we have our other cat, Patches for). But if you want sweetness, you got it in Mew.
What can we learn from my cat Mew?
Debra : )
There is a lot of advice out there for us suggesting that taking naps during the day will affect our sleep at night. I suspect that can be true for some people. I personally love my little “power cat naps”. If I can lie down for 15 to 30 minutes in the afternoon between the hours of 3 to 5 pm, I am much more refreshed and enjoy a nice evening once my second wind kicks in. I do not find this kind of napping affects my night sleep at all.
Perhaps if I napped like my cat Mew does I would have a hard time sleeping at night. He is a cat and he is all about the catnap. As in, the all day catnap. He seems to sleep pretty well at night too so all of that napping is not affecting him much any.
Like most things in life it probably boils down to some moderation and knowing what works best for you. Realistically,we probably don’t want to sleep all afternoon if we want to get to sleep later for the night. I suppose there is some common sense to that.
I do want a good night of sleep- but as of yet, I am not willing to give up my afternoon siesta to get it. It is exactly 4:23 pm. Mew is curled up in his spot on the corner of the bed. Time for me to join him for our catnap….