Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Good morning! For this new day I offer three questions for your journal writing:
1. How am I blessed?
2. What brings me peace?
3. What is beauty?
I am eager to start my own entry… let’s see:
How am I blessed?
I am blessed:
1. With health
2. With love
3. With important work to do
4. with a beautiful home
5. with good food
7. with a lovely new gym to work out at
8, With an incredible beach just blocks way
What brings me peace?
1. When I let things go
2. When I am secure and confident in myself
3. When I have faith that God loves me
4. When I give myself quiet times (such at this journal writing session)
5. When I am confident that I am doing my best
7. Focusing on the good
What is beauty?
1. a smile
7. the shades of green I see outdoors right now..
Your turn. I wish you a blessed Sunday!
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
What are you thankful for right now? Why not write a few of them down before you go to sleep tonight or when you wake up in the morning? When we focus on gratitude we are strengthened, empowered, and putting the spotlight on the good in our lives.
My gratitude entry tonight might begin with…
I am thankful for:
1. A supportive husband
2. The fact that my brother is so happy and will soon be getting married to the perfect lady for him.
3. I have a job I love
4. I live in a beautiful town near the beach
5. My parents are both alive and healthy
6. I have my health
7. I have so many interesting projects. I am never bored!
The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! ~Henry Ward Beecher
I will finish this entry in my private journal. Your turn!
If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart
At the end of the day I realize just how blessed I am.
What we focus on, grows.
What we appreciate appreciates.
If you were to write a list of your blessings tonight, what would they be?
Here is my journal entry for tonight…
I Am blessed because:
1. I live in beautiful Florida
2. I have a job that I love
3. I have a family who I laugh with and love…
4. I have projects that I am excited about…(The Warm Milk Journal for one)!
5. I am 45 years old and feel fantastic!
I will continue in my private journal…
Your turn. Feel free, as always, to comment and share with us!
A GRATITUDE JOURNAL ENTRY FOR THIS SUNDAY MORNING
Ten things to be thankful for this morning:
1. Another day of life
2. A day off from my job
3. Time with my family and friends this weekend
4. A perfect October morning
5. A refrigerator and pantry full of food
6. My health
7. My teenage daughter wants to spend time with me
8. The sweet companionship of my husband
9. My college football teams did well yesterday
10. My beautiful home.
What are you thankful for this morning. Write it down.
Enjoy the day.
bring true abundance
and joy to life.
May we not lose sight of the wondrous gifts of:
1. a child’s smile
2. the green in our own back yards
3. the way light reflects off the surface of our lakes and oceans
4. a nutritious wholesome meal prepared by someone with love.
May we recognize the good that is inherent in all of us.
My blessings this Friday morning:
1. I am thankful for another beautiful North Florida Summer day!
2. I am thankful for all of you who take an interest and support what I am doing here at The Warm Milk Journal
3. Each day is a gift
4. Good health is a gift. Anytime we are pain free, that is awesome!
5. Each breath is a gift.
6. Each good meal I eat,
7. Each hug and kiss I receive,
8. the look of love in my husband’s eyes,
9. the softness of my cat, Mew purring and cuddling up to me
10. Watching my daughter grow up
Blessed. I am blessed.
What would you list in your gratitude journal this morning, hmm… ?
Happy Friday, all!
When I am feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and anxious I find it helpful to do these ten things:
1. Unplug for a while (yes, get off my computer and phone!)
2. Sit outside and take in the sights and sounds of the natural world all around me.
3. Read something that spiritually nourishes me.
4. Read something for pure relaxation (a women’s health or yoga magazine for example).
5. Write in my journal.
7. Take a walk.
9. Focus on my blessings.
10. Connect with loved ones and friends.
What can you do to relax right now?
Have a blessed day,
I grew up in Hawaii. One tradition I just love is Aloha Friday. Business men wear their Aloha shirts, women their “muumuus” or long Polynesian dresses.
The Aloha spirit is all about love, giving, being thankful, and embracing life.
Here are seven “Aloha Friday” writing prompts for your journaling to kick off your weekend:
1. What makes you smile?
2. What and who do you love?
3. In what ways have you received love recently?
4. Have you been your most loving self lately?
5. What is a bright spot in your life?
6. List as many blessings as you can think of.
7. How would you like to give more?
We are lucky and blessed because:
1. We are alive.
2. We have people all around us who love us.
3. We are always learning something new.
4. There is beauty all around us if we look.
5. Life is interesting and something to be cherished.
P.S. did I mention we are alive? Everyday we are above the ground is a good day.
Debra : )