What we appreciate appreciates
I Am thankful for:
1. The good food that we have eaten today.
2. The important job(s) that I am entrusted with (being a classroom teacher, mom, and wife).
3. Great music
4. The Macy Day’s Thanksgiving parade that I enjoyed so much while drinking my coffee this morning.
5. Good wine
6. The walk I enjoyed earlier with my husband to the beach and nearby park that we got married in…
7. The fact that my daughter who was on the highway with her dad (on the way to Atlanta) is safe and well despite getting in a car wreck on the highway (thank you God)!
What are you thankful for right now? Write it in your journals. Tell it to your loved ones. Thank God for your blessings tonight in your prayers.
Happy Thanksgiving, all!
There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God’s finger on man’s shoulder. ~Charles Morgan
Good morning God!
Thank you for all the love in my life.
I feel so blessed in many ways.
I am loved
I am safe
I am secure
I thank you for looking over me and keeping me and my family safe as we slept last night.
I thank you for the comfort of my bed, this couch that I am now sitting on, and the roof over my head.
I know I will be guided to do my best today.
I am thankful.
This Thanksgiving morning I feel blessed and thankful for so many things, including:
1. This cup of warm delicious coffee I am enjoying as I write this.
2. The sunlight and shadows of the trees outside my bedroom window.
3. My sweet husband still sleeping close by.
4. This time away to enjoy the holiday in the mountains.
5. My health
6. My family and friends
7. This wonderful creative and spiritual outlet I have here on The Warm Milk Journal where I can write, create, share, connect with, and help others.
I could truly go on but I will finish this list in my private journal instead.
This Thanksgiving what are you thankful for?
An attitude of gratitude is a great habit to get into.
What we are thankful for and focus on grows!
What we appreciate appreciates!
Thank you for visiting!
Much love always,
I am thankful for many things, including:
1. the fact that this is Friday
2. I am getting away with my hubby for a much needed holiday
3. All the wonder of the Fall season is here- I just love this time of year!
4. My health
5. This new day and all its possibilities
What is on your gratitude list today?
Have a blessed day!
Before I turn in and turn off the lights, I would just like to make a quick entry in my gratitude journal:
Tonight I am thankful for:
1. My health
2. My job
3. My family
5. Good leftovers so I don’t have too cook tonight
6. My daughter being happy
7. My friends
8. My comfortable bed
9. My writing
10. Florida, my beautiful home of five years!
What are you grateful right now? Write it down, savor it, and drift off to sleep with all of your many blessings floating happily in your mind.
I am happy and I am sleeping well. My life is still as hectic and stressful as usual, but what is keeping me in this wonderful positive state?
A few things come to mind:
1. I feel confident in my abilities and the direction my life is taking.
2. I definitely care, but not too much ( I have banished people pleasing from my repertoire. Ha!)
3. I am making friends with change. Change happens. Rather than resist it, what happens when we embrace it? I am discovering that I have more joy in my life because I am not holding rigidly tight to the status quo… let go… be open to change. There just maybe something better with the new tide… (pretty exciting stuff!)
4. I have found and I am owning my voice. This is huge for me. Knowing our value in the world and that we are significant- we need to be heard. We are powerful.
5. Knowing all the good that I am doing.
6. Knowing and continuing to have faith in all the good in the world.
7. Placing love above all else to be the compass that guides my life.
8. Focusing on gratitude
9. Focusing on being kind
10. My yoga practice
11. My marriage to my best friend
12. Being persistent and keeping my eyes on the prize… (I have dreams and goals that I keep working on daily and they are now becoming a reality!)
13. Laughing during the day
14. By night, developing the ability to let the day go.
15. Be truly present with whomever I come into contact with.
16. Do not complain!!! ****** (this one is huge!) If you can knock complaining out of your life experience I guarantee your quality of life will increase exponentially!
17. I love myself.
May you be happy. May you be at peace, May you sleep well, dear friend- for that is the mission for us here at The Warm Milk Journal.
The definition of affirmation is “Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment”.
We all need to be affirmed. When we are affirmed we feel supported and the vision we have for our lives gets strengthened.
Ways to be affirmed:
1. Writing positive affirmations in the present tense with a strong declaratory voice. Really feel it. For example: “I Am Now a published writer making an excellent living”. You can add extra oomph to your positive affirming declaration by then giving thanks for it. So: “I feel so thankful that I Am Now a published writer making an excellent living. Thank you!”
2. We feel affirmed when we are encouraged by others. Choose who you spend time with. That is so important! Have in your life loving,supportive, and positive people.
3. Be a loving, supportive, and positive person yourself! Don’t fall into the trap of negativity or self pity. We get more of what we put out there.
4. Stretch out of your comfort zone and actually take action on doing some of the things you’ve always wanted to do! It is amazing how much confidence you will feel when you do something that you at first may have been hesitant or scared to do. You will then feel more courage to stretch again, and again….
5. Who are you? Who are you really. I made up some business cards about a month ago that have The Warm Milk Journal name on it, and my name with the word underneath my name, “writer”. That is who I Am. I Am a writer! I keep one of these cards on my bedside table, on my computer desk, dining room table, in my car, I use them for bookmarks, and I have a stack in my purse that I am more and more passing out to people. I am affirming myself as a writer! Powerful stuff.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.
- William Arthur Ward
We are what we think. All that we are arises. With our thoughts, we make our world
A blessed day to you,
Time to call it a day. Put it to rest. My mind and body
wish simply to be, and certainly not do (at least for now).
Thank you for such a beautiful day-
a day filled with inspiring ideas,
bike rides and yoga on the beach,
and adorable thirteen year olds (my daughter and her friend)
eating pizza and delighting and giggling about everything…
God, may I rest peacefully tonight so that
I can wake up and be present for tomorrow, which will indeed be a gift
if granted to me in the morning.
I am whole and ever thankful.
Debra : )
Five things to be thankful for right now:
1. Another day of life above the ground- that’s a good thing!
2. A day with purpose and promise.
3. A chance to create for each time I focus my mind I create a new beginning.
4. All of the supportive people in my life.
5. The full shelves in my pantry and refrigerator which represent food that will nourish me throughout the day.
Your turn- what are you thankful for today? Write it down in your journal.
Have a blessed day.