Prayers that promote peace of mind, calm, centeredness, connection with a higher power etc.
Thank you for this beautiful new day. I am rested and feel strong. I know that with faith there is no mountain that I can not climb.
I choose to see the strength, beauty, and wholeness in all living things today.
Thank you for my life.
Thank you for your love.
On this new day I would like to thank you for all of my blessings. Thank you for all of my loved ones. Thank you for providing me a life in which I am free to grow, work, and love.
My heart goes out to all of those in need of healing right now.
May, with your grace, hearts and spirits will find peace.
A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love. ~Mother Teresa
Worrying is a major cause of losing sleep at night. One of the main reasons why this site is called The Warm Milk Journal is that I highly recommend writing in your journal when you are feeling worried and anxious.
2. Writing is taking action and you will feel like you are doing something rather than hopelessly worrying.
3. Writing allows you to get some perspective. Your troubles may not seem so bad once you get them on paper.
4. Once on paper, you can give yourself permission to release them.
5. Writing enables you to turn a negative thought and recreate it into something more positive and constructive.
6. You can write your worst case scenario down, visualize it happening, and then picture yourself getting on with your life. From that lowest of low points there will be no place to go but up!
7. You may write to God and ask for guidance.
8. You may get creative and write some poetry which can be quite soothing to a tired and anxious mind.
9. Ask questions in your journal. Asking the right questions may give you insights and ideas you may never have previously thought of. If you turn out your light shortly after writing the question(s) down, your sub-conscious mind will go to work on it as you sleep.
10. Write down affirmations that center you. I really like: “I Am safe”, “I Am loved”, or simply “Peace”.
11. A little drawing and doodling can be quite relaxing. I enjoy drawing organic and geometrical shapes and then shading or coloring them in.
Any of these eleven journal writing strategies will get you back to sleep soon!
Please help me to not take things so seriously. I feel weighed down with a lot of responsibility.
I know that my burden can be eased if I remember to:
Focus on my blessings,
know that I am doing my best,
and know that you would never give me more than I can handle.
I do appreciate having a purposeful life.
I appreciate being healthy.
Thank you for being there.
Thank you for this new day. I will do my best to be supportive of others. Please help me to remember that it is important for me to be kind and forgiving of myself as well.
When I am feeling stressed today, may I remember to breathe and not take it all too seriously.
When I have an opportunity to do so, may I compliment and affirm at least one person I encounter today.
May I find the time to rest…laugh….create….
I am doing my best. I really am. I appreciate your gentle guidance and being at my side and in my heart, always.
Good morning, God.
I am awake and refreshed and thankful for this September day.
I am going to do my best to take care of my body by eating cleanly and resting when I need to.
When I feel overwhelmed with all the tasks I have on my plate,
I will try to remember that I don’t need to get it all done today.
Please help me slow down. May I be reminded of all the good work that I am doing. I am doing my best.
I know that is all you and the world expects of me.
With gratitude and love,
Thank for this morning. Today I wish to practice acceptance. Please help me to resist less and be in the moment more.
I will do my best to see all the good that I enjoy now. If something is troubling me, please gently remind me that things are as they should be.
There is no need for stress or strife.
Today will unfold as it is supposed to. With my flexibility and acceptance, life works with me.
I appreciate this new day. I thank you for looking after me and keeping me safe.
On this day I have a simple request. Please help me to be as care free as possible.
I believe I do more good in this world when I am more light, less heavy…
More soft, less rigid…
More silent, less shrill…
More playful, less serious…
More mindful, less spacey…
God, sometimes it is so hard with all the pressures of the day. When I am under so much stress I wish I could just be a young child again, going back to days that were much more carefree… when things were just taken care of for me. I felt safe. I felt loved. I played and dreamed and wondered. No worries (except for the ocassional scraped knee).
I know I can’t go back (nor would I want to really). May I remember what it was like to be a child, though. With the spirit of innocence and wonder I can then effectively administer my duties and responsibilities with that:
a dose of play and laughter,