articles of inspiration to be the best we can be and live the lives we are intended to live.
The prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
A peaceful state of mind will lead to less anxiety and restful sleep most nights.
How do we on a consistent basis be in that peaceful state of mind?
I suggest we keep the following in mind:
1. The past is the past. It does not have any power over us unless we allow it to.
2. The future is not yet here. Why sacrifice today by fretting about something that may or (more than likely) may not happen?
3. Find your allies! Surround yourself with positive, supportive people who love and care about you.
4. Have faith in yourself,
5. Have faith in others,
6. Have faith in life,
7. have faith in God.
8. Circumstances and other people can not hurt you if you don’t let them.
9. At the end of the day, say, “I did my best”. Breathe. It is done.
10. In the end, what is truly important? So much of what we permit worry us or upset us if just fluff. Let it go!
Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. ~ Author Unknown
For a treat, listen to
Time To Say Goodbye Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.flv
Good morning. Thank you for this new day. I am excited by much these days.
Thank you for all of the people in my life and the doors that continue to open as I seek to better myself and my life.
May I be guided by your loving spirit and know that peace reigns in my heart.
Please help me to have a clear head when in stress or feel excited.
May I remain centered so that I can be the most help to others and myself.
Thank you for being there when I am scared and when I feel unsure.
I believe an anxiety free life comes from these five things:
1. believing in yourself,
2. taking care of yourself,
3. having faith in God and the wisdom of your intuition,
4. pushing your edge, taking risks, and embracing change…
5. having love be your guiding compass!
That’s it. Simple. We can all do this.
Much love and peace to all of you tonight.
The day is over and sleep is near.
I am thankful for this day.
Thank you for the smiles I received,
the attentive children in my classroom,
the companionship of my family this evening.
I am excited about the new people and opportunities that are
presenting themselves to me.
This chapter is an exciting one.
I so appreciate my life.
Please send your love, guidance, and healing to those out there who feel:
May gentleness rule this day,
and let worries melt away to a place
far away from me.
May in their place, be a space for peace
that comes home to stay
within my mind, heart, and body.
May your love and guidance
guide me today to remember
what is most important:
Joy in the little things,
And most of all
Good morning! Thank you for this new day. I feel well rested and healthy. I know that this day is a gift.
Please help me to:
stay centered and peaceful throughout the day,
to know that this cold spell will thaw,
keep my priorities straight,
If I get grumpy, gently remind me of
what a gift today is.
Thank you for my life.
Thank you for the peace that is in my heart.
One way I like to use my journal is for times when I feel stressed, anxious, a little run down, or sad. This great exercise immediately lifts my spirits and galvanized my energy to something more cheerful and positive. There is nothing quite like the sweetness of anticipating adventures: big and small.
At the top of your entry, simply write: “I will have these adventures”. *Note, we are affirming these adventures as if they are going to happen (rather than saying “I would like to one day do..”
Then write away. What adventures are in store for you? I find if I write rather quickly, without thinking too hard or editing myself, my heart’s true desires will eventually come out on paper.
Ready to begin? As I often do, I will get my own list started and then you begin yours.
I will have these adventures:
1. I will explore the charming city of Charleston, South Carolina with my husband. I will stroll the charming streets and tour the mansions and nearby plantations. I will also eat some great food and listen to jazz music.
2. I will take wine tours in the Napa Valley and Tuscany, Italy.
3. I will ride on the Orient Express.
4. I will read a juicy novel.
5. I will try a new recipe out this week.
6. I will go on a retreat! A retreat for writers, yoga enthusiasts, meditation, and one for couples.
7. I will visit Virginia
8. I will go on a class III river rafting trip in North Carolina
This is a great exercise. I feel perkier and excited about my life. I will keep going in my private journal so that you may begin yours.
Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. ~ Seneca
As this day comes to an end, I do believe:
1. That I am exactly where I need to be right now.
2. That God and the universe are working with me.
3. People are basically good (don’t believe everything we see and read in the media).
Much love and peace to you friends.
I am glad you are here.
Rest well. Be well.
Making declarations are very powerful and life affirming. They come from a place of confidence and strength.
Once in a while I love to write in my journal and simply declare:” I Am……” and just write and see what comes out naturally and with fortitude and excitement.
This evening I feel compelled to make such a journal entry. Care to join me?….
On this Tuesday evening, March 12, 2013:
1. I Am grateful to be home.
2. I Am a teacher.
3. I Am a writer.
4. I Am a lover of life.
5. I Am in love with my sweet husband.
6. I Am a great cook! I can smell the delicious herb baked chicken I prepared in the oven as I write this…
7. I Am a world traveler
8. I Am a student of the French language and wine…
9. I Am a book person
10. I Am creative
11. I Am free
12. I Am open
13. I Am loved.
So, that is my list for this moment.
Your turn, friends…
Have fun declaring who and what you are, right now. Own it. Cheers!