Tonight’s journal writing exercise is a fun one… life’s little pleasures. Not the big stuff (or perhaps the little stuff is the big stuff…), but the little things that truly make life and daily existence worthwhile.
Writing in our journals is a wonderful chance to focus on things we love.
Remember, what we focus on grows.
What we appreciate, appreciates.
Life’s little pleasures is one of those things that just makes it all worthwhile, y’know? I even have a Pinterest Board devoted to life’s little pleasures.
What little things put a smile on your face? Little things that you look forward to? Your guilty little pleasures…? Hmmm? It’s okay. This is a safe place to share.
As always (or most of the time at least), I will start my own entry and then you write too. I invite you all to comment at the end of your post to share a few of your little pleasures. It is fun to share with each other.
Ready to start? I know I am! Let’s see…
1. The sound of the birds singing as I sit here on my back patio writing in the early evening…
2. The smell of my roses interwoven with the honey suckles that are in full bloom right now this wonderful May evening. I am breathing the intoxicating fragrance now as I write this…
3. Going for a walk and saying hello to the friendly neighbors (I live in the South and everybody is so nice and friendly here)!
4. Being out in public and enjoying the babies and toddlers (I remember when my children were that little once and it makes me happy to remember those precious days)
5. Knowing I have a great dinner planned for my family (I love to cook)!
6. My back patio garden.
7. My first cup of coffee in the morning.
8. When we first turn off the light, melting into my husband’s arms and resting my head on “my spot” (his shoulder) that is just right.. and falling asleep…
Your turn, Dear friends. I am not by any means through with my entry. This is a really fun one. Enjoy and remember to share a few little pleasures on your list with all of us by commenting in… don’t be shy now…
Much love and peace to all of you. I am so glad we are sharing a sweet sliver of this life journey together.
When you are ready to go to sleep or if you have been woken up in the middle of the night, the last thing you want is for your mind to start thinking about the events of the day or worries, etc.
A simple technique that I use is color meditation. It is easy and quite effective. When you are wanting to go to sleep, think of a color that is soothing for you.
I always use blue because it is my favorite color and I find it to be very pleasing and soothing. Enjoy images of anything of that particular color that come into your mind. I think of all things blue. If I notice my mind wandering a bit, I will even think to myself, the word “blue”.
I am asleep in no time. Try it. It really works!
P.S. If you find the color blue soothing like I do, you may check out my Pinterest board, “A study in blue” for some blue inspiration