Articles to inspire bringing out the best in us, living the life of our dreams!
The prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
A peaceful state of mind will lead to less anxiety and restful sleep most nights.
How do we on a consistent basis be in that peaceful state of mind?
I suggest we keep the following in mind:
1. The past is the past. It does not have any power over us unless we allow it to.
2. The future is not yet here. Why sacrifice today by fretting about something that may or (more than likely) may not happen?
3. Find your allies! Surround yourself with positive, supportive people who love and care about you.
4. Have faith in yourself,
5. Have faith in others,
6. Have faith in life,
7. have faith in God.
8. Circumstances and other people can not hurt you if you don’t let them.
9. At the end of the day, say, “I did my best”. Breathe. It is done.
10. In the end, what is truly important? So much of what we permit worry us or upset us if just fluff. Let it go!
Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. ~ Author Unknown
For a treat, listen to
Time To Say Goodbye Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.flv
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
May the sun shine for you,
when people or circumstances tempt you to question yourself,
may you look beyond them and not take anything personally today.
It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes. ~ Sally Field
When you are tired from the day,
when you feel daily life is getting in the way
of your dreams…
When you want to say “enough is enough”!
or,” I don’t want to play today…”
Today comes anyway, so what is one to do?
I say, say “hey!” to the day,
I’m gonna get out of my own way,
and do what I am meant to do! Umh-huh
“What is that?”, you ask (as if you are absolutely clueless)..
but deep down in there, where the real you resides…
is a knowing.
And you know what to do with this day and the next,
you just have to do it,
forget about the rest (as in the excuses and the “someday” dreams of the mind that wishes and yearns but does not act)…
You are thinking about this, and I know you are…
If not now, when?
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~ Ambrose Redmoon
A rainy evening invites jazz music, red wine, and contemplation…
As the rain falls down, I feel happy about my hard-working day and thankful of the fatigue (from this day) that has lifted,
the relaxing evening with my family that is beginning,
the chicken that is baking in the oven,
the sweet cat that is always at my side,
I am also thankful for my teenaged daughter who is working so hard at school and plotting her future…
My husband who is always close by with his support and love (but gives me my space to write and dream…)
In this moment,
I am thankful to have my health and many exciting things that are opening up to me in the business world…
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” ~ William A. Ward
whether it is raining or not where you live… what are you thankful right now? What will be in your bedtime prayers and journal entries tonight?
I think sharing with supportive people is a powerful thing so please feel free to comment in here…
I am thankful for…
Cheers and much love to all of you!
1. The squirrels in your back patio knocked over the bird bath off it’s pedestal again.
2. The sun is shining,
3. the almost full moon too…
4. You think of all the good people in your life,
5. and you focus on all the good you have coming your way such as: a new career, a tax refund check, a vacation, a date with your spouse this coming weekend…
Cheers! (and smiles)..
you have arrived.
A blustery day (so far)…
I need to find a way
to turn you into something worthwhile.
Perhaps I will remember to:
be thankful for the little things,
and disassociate from people and experiences that
do not serve my happiness and well being.
Yeah, Monday morning…
As you turn to afternoon,
may you mellow a bit and treat me kindly
as I soon embark upon your trail this A.M.
In concert with you, Dear day,
I will find a way to
an armor to deflect the stress…
and eventually rest so that I may welcome in
Tuesday with promise.
Life is good when:
1. You have supportive people all around you who love you and “have your back”, no matter what!
2. You are excited about something… (a new project, a vacation in the works, a book you are reading, new people you are meeting…)
3. You start your day with good coffee and end your day with good beer or wine…
4. The sun is shining…
5. An excellent film comes into your mail box via Netflix
6. You receive hugs when you need them
7. Comfortable clothing, socks, blankets…
8. Having faith: faith in God, faith in yourself, faith in our society.
If I hit over the net:
and good intentions….
Please be a strong receiver. Hit back good and hard (although you may be gentle at times). Most of all, please don’t drop the ball!