I invite you to think about your significant other… focus on how blessed you are that they are in your life.
Then just write what you appreciate about them.
What we appreciate, appreciates!
What we focus on grows!
Who does not want more love in their lives, right? What is more important when it comes right down to it, hmmm…?
Okay, so my journal entry may look like this. I will begin, then you do your own. Deal?
What I love about my husband is:
1. his optimism
2. his kindness
3. his rugged good looks
4. his smile
5. his flexibility
6. his ability to put up with silly me!
I will continue in my private journal so that you may begin your own entry…
*note: if you are not married or in a relationship right now, you can write about the qualities that you appreciate about your ideal partner (in present tense with feeling as if they are in your life now).
Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~ Kahlil Gibran
A rainy evening invites jazz music, red wine, and contemplation…
As the rain falls down, I feel happy about my hard-working day and thankful of the fatigue (from this day) that has lifted,
the relaxing evening with my family that is beginning,
the chicken that is baking in the oven,
the sweet cat that is always at my side,
I am also thankful for my teenaged daughter who is working so hard at school and plotting her future…
My husband who is always close by with his support and love (but gives me my space to write and dream…)
In this moment,
I am thankful to have my health and many exciting things that are opening up to me in the business world…
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” ~ William A. Ward
whether it is raining or not where you live… what are you thankful right now? What will be in your bedtime prayers and journal entries tonight?
I think sharing with supportive people is a powerful thing so please feel free to comment in here…
I am thankful for…
Cheers and much love to all of you!
May gentleness rule this day,
and let worries melt away to a place
far away from me.
May in their place, be a space for peace
that comes home to stay
within my mind, heart, and body.
May your love and guidance
guide me today to remember
what is most important:
Joy in the little things,
And most of all
Good morning! Thank you for this new day. I feel well rested and healthy. I know that this day is a gift.
Please help me to:
stay centered and peaceful throughout the day,
to know that this cold spell will thaw,
keep my priorities straight,
If I get grumpy, gently remind me of
what a gift today is.
Thank you for my life.
Thank you for the peace that is in my heart.
go out and take a walk in the woods or sit in the sun on the beach with a good book or journal.
If it’s cold where you live,
cuddle up in front of the fire with family or your journal. Relax. Write…. perhaps put some good jazz music on and cook up something good! (like a great soup, stir fry, roasted chicken, or lasagna).
It’s cold here in North Florida tonight and it was very cold in Charleston, South Carolina where my husband and I just spent the last few days.
Well, it is still cold and that is okay.
Tonight, no matter what the temperature is outside, I invite you to:
1. Stretch and breathe
2. Look at a beautiful coffee table book that fills you up with joy (for me it is gorgeous books about old Charleston gardens)
3. Listen to jazz (or whatever delights you)
4. Pour yourself that glass of wine (or whatever you enjoy)
Now, look around… peace. love. home.
You are right where you need to be, now.
Enjoy the evening, however it unfolds (you are off to a fabulous start)!
I find being in these four states of mind are most conducive to a restful night of sleep:
1. Being confident: If you are confident in yourself you will be immune to sleep-robbing anxiety
2. Faith: knowing that God loves you and that you are on the right path… God, the universe, and life support you and are working with you. With faith, there is no mountain you can not move (including getting a good night sleep).
3. Feeling grounded and centered. Meditation and spending time outdoors will really help you get in this wonderful peaceful, neutral place where life events and circumstances can not uproot you.
4. Being love and loved. Love is really all there is. If were are not in a state of love, we are in a state of fear and we will not sleep as well. Simple, right?
I would like to dedicate this post to my sweet husband and life partner, John. John, you make the fourth state of mind, being loved and loving easy. I so appreciate your friendship, companionship, encouraging me to always be my best, and your just being there. I love you!
P.S. Thank you Fawn Weaver over at HappyWivesClub.com. I just love the idea of celebrating love and honoring our husbands and marriage. Love is truly the greatest gift there is.
So it’s the end of they day and there is not much getting in the way
of my welcoming in the evening.
There are so many things I appreciate about this time of day.
Right now, at 7:19 PM, I appreciate:
1. Being home
2. the good work out I had a little while ago at the gym
3. the quiet I am enjoying before I start cooking (tonight it will be a healthy tofu stir fry)
4. the glass of pinot noir I am sipping as I write this.
5. My husband, daughter, and sweet cat who are close by (but leaving me alone so I can write)
6. The comfortable couch I am sitting on
7. My plush green blanket that is on my lap (it is actually a cool night here in North Florida)
8. The view that I have of my eccentric neighbor’s Christmas tree fully lit outside my back patio window across the pond…(why not Christmas in March, right? I laugh and feel full of love when I see those lights come on at night. This neighbor, by the way, will take the tree down in august sometime… ha!lol)
9. The peace that I feel inside knowing I had a good day.
10. My laptop computer here which faithfully works for me…
What comforts are you thankful for this evening? (feel free to comment and share with us…!)
Much love and peace to all of you. Have a lovely night! It is time I get going with my stir fry…
Twilight drops her curtain down, and pins it with a star. ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery
Happy Friday! Here are a few journal writing prompts to get your weekend off to a great start:
1. What am I most thankful for right now?
2. Who, being loved, is poor? ~ Oscar Wilde. What does this quote mean to me?
3. What do I need to do more of in my life?
4. What do I need to release?
5. What experience is at the top of my bucket list? What can I do, starting this weekend, to make that happen?
Have a lovely weekend.
For my journal writing time this morning, I wish to focus on love.
Who do I love?
What do I love?
How do I love?
I can’t wait to get started!
Who do I love?
1. My husband
2. My son and daughter
3. My parents
4. My brother and sister in law
5. My various assortment of friends who have stuck it out with me throughout the years…
What do I love?
1. A beautiful sunset
2. Working out
4. My first cup of coffee in the morning
How do I love?
1. By being patient with myself and others
2. Being affectionate
3. Choosing to forgive
4. Letting go of perfectionism
5. Listening more
This is really a great exercise. I could have added more to my lists but I need to get off to work and let you start your own…
Have a blessed day!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Good morning! For this new day I offer three questions for your journal writing:
1. How am I blessed?
2. What brings me peace?
3. What is beauty?
I am eager to start my own entry… let’s see:
How am I blessed?
I am blessed:
1. With health
2. With love
3. With important work to do
4. with a beautiful home
5. with good food
7. with a lovely new gym to work out at
8, With an incredible beach just blocks way
What brings me peace?
1. When I let things go
2. When I am secure and confident in myself
3. When I have faith that God loves me
4. When I give myself quiet times (such at this journal writing session)
5. When I am confident that I am doing my best
7. Focusing on the good
What is beauty?
1. a smile
7. the shades of green I see outdoors right now..
Your turn. I wish you a blessed Sunday!
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson