Summer, sweet summer... This is the time to enjoy longer days, (perhaps) some vacation time, the great outdoors are beckoning, your garden is in its glory, and there is watermelon, corn, cherries, and ice cream to savor and devour. Yum!
These are the lazy hazy days of summer... if this is the season to relax, why then, are so many of us not sleeping? Hmm....
I can think of a few reasons:
1. You may not have air conditioning where you live
2. You have work/relationship issues that keep you awake at night
3. Our technology keeps us "on" and plugged in so much that we barely notice that it is summer...
A few thoughts and then I will sign off:
1. If you are hot at night because you don't have air conditioning, invest in 100% cotton sheets and pajamas - then get yourself a quality oscillating fan and put some ice in a plastic bucket/container in front of it. I also love having aloe vera gel on my night stand.
2. Work or relationship issues that are keeping you awake at night. Why is it our minds want to worry about all of this stuff at night when it is time to sleep? There is something about a quiet and dark house that makes the monkey mind come to life. You know what I am talking about, right? Before bedtime, I recommend writing in your journal and just getting any thoughts out about the worries of the day or tomorrow. Get them on paper. This will give your mind permission to relax.
3. Technology... you have to be super strict with yourself on this one and it is tough I will admit.
I make it a rule for myself: absolutely no digital devices (or TV) in my bedroom at night.
My wish for you:
To enjoy the rest of your summer, stay cool, and sleep well.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly