Wouldn’t you like to be able to say that and feel that sentiment with unwavering confidence?
Well, there is no reason why you can’t. If (like me), you have spent much of your years holding yourself back, worrying about making the wrong decisions or worrying about what people think when you do make a decision…
If you have given yourself an ulcer at just the thought of saying what you truly think and feel…
If you’ve stayed on the sidelines and listened to others’ opinions without offering your own…
it is never too late to use your voice!
Here are a few “stretches” and challenges for you:
1. Quit apologizing before saying something to someone.
2. When in a group situation, jump in there and say something. Do not let others interrupt you. This will take some practice. Stand your ground and know that you have something worthwhile to say…!
3. Start a blog. I wholeheartedly recommend this as a way for you to gently find your voice (and your audience).
4. Join a local Toastmasters group. They have a wonderful program to support and guide people to strengthen their public speaking and leadership skills.
5. Practice sitting up straight and walking with good posture and confidence (it’s amazing when we use more powerful body language our minds and spirits will follow…)
6. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people
8. Write a letter to the editor of your newspaper about something you care about. They might even publish you and your whole city will hear what you have to say!
9. If someone is rude to you or is ignoring you: stand your ground! Respectfully but with some fortitude speak your mind, say your peace… you are done with the whole being invisible, nodding your head and smiling like a puppet thing…