I can rock along quite fine with all the various projects I am excited about. I work daily with enthusiasm and great purpose. Then something begins to happen to me. I get a little fuzzy and lose my focus a bit. I get low on creative energy. I’m grouchy. I’m not sleeping quite as well at night.
What is going on? I believe it is because my plate has become too full, I am weighed down by too much to do, and I kind of burn out. My brain does not want to do anymore. Sound familiar?
Today I offer us ten ways to empty our plates (just in time for the weekend)! Ready?
1. Give yourself permission to just do nothing. Put that to-do list away.
2. If you choose to be productive, do only what is the most important task or two. Then let the rest go.
3. Experiment with unplugging from media and technology
4. Be choosy about what and who you say yes to.
5. Focus on one thing or project at a time (I really think all the multitasking we do stresses our brains)
6. Take a beautiful blank journal to a park, the beach, or pool and daydream and write…
7. Get lost in a good novel
9. Go for a walk
10. Make love
Think less, do what you want (so long as it’s one thing at a time), and enjoy just being in the moment.
It will be just a matter of time before we feel replenished and all that good creative energy will be back…
Have a blessed and restful weekend!