Definition of “refresh” from The FreeDictionary.com
1. To revive with or as if with rest, food, or drink; give new vigor or spirit to.
2. To give new freshness or brightness to; restore.
3. To make cool, clean, or moist; freshen up.
4. To renew by stimulation: refresh one’s memory.
5. To fill up again; replenish: refresh a drink.
As I sit here in my air conditioned home after taking a long walk on the beach on this hot Florida July day, I thought it would be
fun to write about what it means for us to be refreshed.
At the top of your journal simply write: “What refreshes me?”,”I feel refreshed when…”,or “I Am refreshed”…then write your list and see what comes out.
Let’s see, my list today would look something like this:
What refreshes me:
1. A good night’s sleep (you just know I had to put that on the top of my list)!
2. Seeing something familiar from a new angle or different point of view
3. A tall glass of iced tea
4. A Venti iced Cafe Latte from Starbucks (I order it light on the ice)
5. Frozen yogurt
6. An unexpected (but delightful surprise) when my teenaged daughter compliments me, thanks me, or apologizes
7. New music to listen to for my walks or when I’m driving in my car
8. Air conditioning (after spending time outside)!
9. A swim in the pool, lake, or ocean
10. A nice rain shower at the end of a hot, sunny day
11. The sun coming out after days of cloud cover and rain
I can keep going. This kind of list writing in our journals is such fun!
Your turn, friends.
Feel free to comment and share with us what refreshes you. Then we can get cool, be cool, and stay cool together!