Here are 15 things that help me with anxiety:
1. Spending time outdoors
2. Having a very encouraging and supportive husband
3. My writing
4. Reading inspirational stories and poetry
5. Getting exercise during the day
6. If I begin to question myself, I get moving (bike rides and walks on the beach do wonders and often I will get new ideas that break me out of that negative thinking pattern that was starting up)
7. Practicing yoga
8. Doing meaningful work (I am a classroom teacher and a writer)
9. Helping others
10. Taking care of myself by getting enough sleep
11. “stretching” myself by learning new things, taking on new challenges and tasks, meeting new people, etc.
12. Look for and celebrate all of my successes and achievements.
13. Don’t pay too much attention to media and current events
14. Pet and cuddle my cat
15. Watch a funny movie
What helps you when you are feeling anxious? Feel free to share…
Chanting, working with brain entrainment exercises for reducing stress, listening to classical music, tending to my indoor and outdoor plants, focusing on the multitude of foliage in my backyard which gives me an enormous sense of abundance…and reclining for a few minutes with my dog and cat (purrs give one instant gratification)
All great ideas. Thanks for sharing, Karen.
I eat chocolate , start a new book or finish the one I’m reading, jot what I’m feeling and then burn the paper, breathe, watch my pictures of great moments of happyness, talk to my best friend, play with my dog, drink a cup of tea.
Thanks for sharing, Jelizza!
Have a beautiful day.
Great tips! I get up and start moving around when I get anxious. I also listen to relaxation apps.
Ive struggled with anxiety-depression for a long time. I am a participator & advocate for prayer & counseling. These two have unequivocally offered me amazing healing. Grateful for them!
I knit to relieve anxiety, and a daily workout also helps. I take a morning and evening supplement to reduce my cortisol (stress hormone) levels, it’s helped to cut them almost in half over the last three years.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Designed by Colleen M. Messer.