How do you know if you’ve had a good night sleep?
If you feel fresh, alert, and ready to perform the tasks of the day, you probably slept well. Congratulations!
The occasional loss of sleep will not hurt you, but if you find yourself regularly very tired, moving sluggishly, irritable, relying too much on caffeine to get through your day, chances are you are not sleeping well.
Here are five fundamentals to keep in mind to get yourself the sleep you need:
1. Keep yourself centered as much as possible. A calm mind will rest easier than an anxious, overly active one.
2. Take care of yourself: live cleanly. Drink water, eat well. Exercise. Simple, fundamental things that work!
3. Be kind to yourself and others
4. Do one thing each day that nurtures your: creativity, spirituality, family, and marriage or relationship.
5. Love your bedroom! Invest in the best mattress, linens and decor you can afford. You are worth it!