A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow. ~Charlotte Brontë
Worry has robbed many of us a good night sleep. Do these five things to retire worry tonight:
1. Write a list of things you are worried about in your journal.
2. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell your reflection what you are worried about.
3. If the thing you are worried about is something you can take action on, come up with some steps to take care of it. Just having a plan will put your mind at ease.
4. If you are worried about something that you have no control over, release and bless it. “Let go and let God” so to speak. Relieve yourself of this burden now.
5. Have a bedtime routine in place. No work in the bedroom. When you put your pajamas on, brush the teeth, and turn down the covers, let those actions become a conditioned signal for your body AND mind that it is now time to let the day go and rest.