Definition of ENCHANT: (from Merriam-Webster.com)
1. to influence by or as if by charms and incantation : bewitch
2. to attract and move deeply : rouse to ecstatic admiration
On the top of your journal entry, simply write: “simply enchanting” or “simple enchantment”. Then write, just write….!
I will begin (and then it will be your turn, shortly).
1. The little finches and cardinals at my bird feeder as I write this on my back patio
2. The moon the last couple of nights.
3. The Flamenco and Jazz music I am listening to on Pandora as I write this (with the crickets and small children playing in our community’s swimming pool in the background).
4. The new hairstyle my teenaged daughter is wearing at the moment (long and big wavy curls- quite pretty).
5. The fragrance of the little rosemary, sage, mint, and basil plants all around me (here on the back patio)
6. The increased daylight I have to write in the evening. I love the lighting right before dusk…
7. A little baby who breaks out into a great wide grin…now that enchants me!
8. When things out of the blue surprise me, in an unexpected and delightful way…
9. Our beach and the Atlantic ocean anytime of day but especially at sunrise or sunset.
10. Well cared for gardens.
11. An older, beautiful couple who are obviously very much in love (after many years together).
12. Great modern dance.
13. Great ballroom dancers.
14. A really good live play that transports the audience.
15. A clever, original, and engaging book or movie.
16. A piece of art work that just “gets me”.
17. A perfectly prepared meal that delights the senses.
I will stop here. This is a positively delightful exercise. I think you will have a lot of fun with it.