According to Dr. Michael Breus, Ph.D., Founder of Sound Sleep Solutions, foods that are high in carbohydrates and calcium and medium to low in protein make good bedtime snacks.
Here are ten ideas:
1. apple pie and ice cream (just a very small serving I would think)
2. New York style cheesecake
3. whole-grain cereal with low fat milk
4. hazelnuts and tofu
5. oatmeal and raisin cookies with a glass of milk
6. peanut butter sandwich
7. fruit and cottage cheese
8. whole grain toast and slice of low fat cheese
9. whole wheat crackers and cheese
10. a banana with a small spoonful of peanut butter
Source: Good Night The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health, by Michael Breus,Ph.D.