Do you keep a gratitude journal? One of the more powerful (and simple) activities that I have found that helps me with my anxiety and occasional grumpy moods is to focus on things I am thankful for.
This does not need to take up a lot of time. In fact, just focusing on one thing that you feel thankful for will benefit your spirits quite quickly.
I Am thankful for
1. This quiet time I have here before I have to get dressed and go to work.
2. My feline companion, Mew, who is always at my side.
3. Caring family and friends
4. The fact that I have a job that is meaningful
5. I have a nice home.
6. I live near the beach.
7. I have stacks of good movies to watch and books to read when I need a little down time.
8. I have friendly, supportive colleagues.
9. I love my little bird sanctuary in the back yard.
10. I am alive.
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” ~William A. Ward