If we are having a hard time sleeping, one of the worst things we can do is lie in our bed and remain awake. It’s a form of torture, really.
What I find to be the most helpful when I am awake when I (desperately) want to be asleep is I come up with ways to get my mind off the fact that I am not sleeping.
This morning I offer you eight ideas to get your mind off your insomnia:
1. Get up and write in your journal.
2. Get up and read.
3. Get up and eat a light carbohydrate snack like a banana and a piece of toast or small bowl of cereal.
4. Make love.
5. If you were to write a novel, what might you write about? Plot a good story in your mind.
6. Focus on one color ( really like blue or indigo).
7. Are you warm enough? Put on socks.
8. Are you too hot? Often times being too warm causes sleeplessness. Take off that heavy blanket layer. Crack open a window.
If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep. ~Dale Carnegie
To a good night’s sleep,
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Designed by Colleen M. Messer.