To sleep well in 2012 and beyond, do these 15 things:
1. Be active during your day.
2. Take frequent time outs/mental health breaks during a busy work day.
3. Spend time doing things that are important to you.
4. Say no to anything that does not serve you well.
5. Say yes when your heart wants you to.
6. Invest in high quality mattress, pillows, and linens: your back and a good night sleep are worth every penny!!
7. Keep your bedroom uncluttered and aesthetically pleasing.
8. Keep electronics and work out of your bedroom.
9. Stretch well through out your day and especially before bed.
10. Write in your journal any worries that you have, any questions that you have, or anything that gives you comfort.
11. Read something that spiritually inspires you right before bedtime. Poetry is excellent.
12. If you have a partner who snores, gently explore options on dealing with the issue. Wax earplugs work pretty well and they do not hurt the ears.
13. Limit caffeine, heavy foods, and liquids a few hours before bedtime
14. Wear socks
15. Turn off the light and think about all the things you are thankful for.