A leading cause of insomnia is anxiety. In my experience, anxiety has been caused by many factors, including:
1. When I have slept poorly the night before (this can be a spiraling, circling problem)
2. When I have experienced a lot of change in my life.
3. I am in a new situation.
4. I am hurting myself with negative self talk.
5. I am around negative people.
6. I read the newspaper or watch tv too much.
7. I am working too much.
8. I don’t spend enough time outdoors
9. I question, analyze, judge, worry and over think everything too much.
10. I have too much unstructured time on my hands.
I can think of more causes of my anxiety over the years but this is a pretty good list.
If you are somebody prone to anxiety and it is affecting your life through: loss of sleep, your relationships with others, your job, and general well-being… you may want to look at getting help.
A good first start you can do on your own is write a list like mine in your journal. Being aware of some “anxiety triggers” for you can be quite beneficial. I believe the key to most healing starts with awareness.
Next, I recommend talking to someone you trust and if necessary, your medical doctor.
Anxiety does not have to rule your life and affect your sleep night after night. There are medical and non medical treatments available.
I am not a doctor and this site is not intended to diagnose or offer treatment for you.
I do want you to know that here at The Warm Milk Journal you are not alone. Many of us share these common issues. You have friends here.
Feel free to comment and share anytime here. You may visit our Facebook page too.