This too shall pass
Realistically, we can’t be happy all of the time. Like the clouds sailing by in the sky or the oceans tides…
feelings, moods, and emotions come and go… they just do. That is part of life.
We can save ourselves a lot of trouble if we don’t get too attached or identify with a passing bad mood or feeling we are experiencing at the moment.
If you are feeling blue, sad, melancholy… or just feel down, go ahead and give yourself permission to:
3. lie down and shut the world out for a little while…
Know that in time this feeling will pass. It always does.
When I am feeling this way I find it helps me to do some of these things:
1. Cry in my husbands arms.
2. Write in my journal
3. Take a bath
4. Take a nap
5. Pour a glass of wine and Twitter or Facebook or..
6. Put on some nice jazz music and cook a nice dinner for my family
7. Take a walk outside
8. Read something very light like a magazine
9. Hug and listen to my daughter talk about her day…
10. Just breathe.
The storm cloud will pass, and when it does… enjoy!