I am convinced that if we take care of our bodies and we take care of our minds, we will have little trouble sleeping at night.
The major premise and mission of The Warm Milk Journal is that if we live the life of our dreams by day we will sleep restfully and quite peacefully at night!
Since starting this site 20 months ago, I have put much thought and done much research on the subject of getting a good night sleep.
Granted, there are conditions and circumstances which you should see a doctor or therapist and by all means I encourage you to do so.
However, I think 99.9% of our insomnia issues would be resolved if we took the best of care of our bodies and our minds.
A few things to consider (not in any particular order):
1. If you are worried about something, write it down in your journal and then let it go.
2. Exercise every day: even just a stroll around the block or gentle stretches in your living room or at your desk at work will do you tremendous good!
3. Get outside once a day.
4. Drink lot’s of water.
5. Give yourself permission to unplug and just enjoy the things that give you pleasure
6. Be gentle and kind with your words and intentions
7. Nurture those relationships that are most important to you
8. Make love be your guiding compass
9. Decide that peace is more important than being right
10. Pamper yourself
11. Focus on the beautiful things life has to offer (cancel the newspaper and stop watching the evening news if that would help)
12. Spend time with nurturing, positive, and happy people.