Little pleasures and small delights make up a grand joy-filled life!
What are your little pleasures that make daily life worth living and put a smile on your face?
This would make a good journal writing exercise.
Write a list of: “Little things that bring me pleasure and joy” in life.
Write down as many things as you can think of. Have fun with it. I guarantee you will be smiling and your heart will be full of joy when you are finished (not a bad way to end the day, eh?)
Let’s see, my list may begin like this:
1. A perfect cup of coffee in the morning, especially that first cup!
2. When my pets and kids and spouse are glad that I am home!
3. Being excited about trying a new recipe (I really get in the mood to cook when the weather starts to cool down a bit)
4. A clean house
5. A book that I just can’t put down!
6. Waking up knowing I had a good night sleep and knowing I am going to have a fantastic day!
7. When I lose a couple of pounds and my clothes are just beginning to feel a little bit loose (a most magnificent feeling!)
8. A certain look and smile on my husband’s face which tells me “life is good!”
9. The sky: a night sky with a moon and stars or a sunset sky, or a sky with interesting clouds…
10. A poem that simply takes my breath away
11. My Bikram yoga class. I feel so incredible when I go and it makes me so appreciate my body and health and life!
12. Walks on the beach
13. My cat Mew, looking at me tenderly and purring.
I truly could go on and on but I want you to write in your journal NOW.
What brings joy to your life? What little pleasures lift your spirit and make your heart want to sing and skip a beat?