Your fortune is not something to find but to unfold.
This evening’s journal writing session is about fortune: the idea of finding, having, or discovering our fortune and also what makes us feel fortunate.
I encourage you to sit in a quiet place and meditate for a few minutes before writing. Visualize what “fortune” means to you. What does being fortunate mean to you?
When you are ready to, open your eyes and write down anything that comes to mind. Do not censor yourself. Just write.
Enjoy this exercise. You may find it interesting what comes out…
Here are five tips to get a higher quality of sleep:
1. Turn in earlier. If we can train ourselves to get to sleep before midnight, those are hours of very high quality sleep.
2. Turn the mind off for an hour before bed: turn off violent television, emails, etc. and take a hot bath, make love, read something relaxing.
3. Do some gentle stretching before bed.
4. Set an intention to be peace.
5. Write a few things you are thankful for in your journal.
Turn off the light.