Many of you who visit us here at The Warm Milk Journal know that I am a big fan of journal writing.
The mission of The Warm Milk Journal is to live a well balanced life by day and sleep restfully at night.
Journal writing aids us on our mission. If we are happy, we can celebrate by writing about it. If we are frustrated, worried, or anxious, we can get it out on paper before it causes us to lose precious sleep. We can also just have fun with our journals: get our creativity out…intuition often is born from uninhibited free expression…
Tonight, I want to look at list writing.
Lists are so fun. Magazines make their living on lists. What is on their covers? “The top ten ways to please your lover” or “The top ten places to retire”, “The three most important things to put on your resume”. You get the idea. We are hooked on lists. And for good reason, they are irresistible!
A few lists to try tonight:
1. Your top ten places to have an adventure.
2. Your list of favorite things to read for inspiration.
3. The silliest things you have ever done in your life.
I will start just a few for I really can’t resist…
Top places to have an adventure….
– Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, NC
– Savannah, Georgia
– The Alps of Switzerland
Top things to read that inspire me?
– anything by Anthony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, and Marianne Williamson
– poetry by Rumi
– The Heart Centered Marriage by Sue Patton Thoele
Silliest things I have ever done in my life?
– move across the country from Seattle, WA to Jacksonville, FL (it turned out pretty well)
– wear my shirt inside out
– jump around in my living room
Your turn, Dear Warm Milk Journal reader.